Though feelings are a powerful force and an inescapable part of life, they can have a pretty significant effect on your health ? especially if they’re negative emotions. Below are five common emotions that can have a negative impact on your well-being unless they’re coped with properly.
1. Anger – can lead to heart attack and cardiovascular problems
2. Loneliness – is a risk factor for early death
3. Stress and anxiety – has been linked to several health problems
4. Shock or trauma – causes short term and long term effects to the mind & body
5. Sadness – a study found that it is possible to die of a broken heart
I – Word Understanding
well-being – the state of being happy, healthy and successful
cope – to overcome problems and difficulties
cardiovascular – relating to the heart and blood vessels
II – Have Your Say
1. Anger is a normal, healthy emotion that we all express, but can sometimes lead to violent behavior.
2. Ways to overcome negative emotions:
Relaxation / Meditation
3. What is Emotional (Intelligence) Quotient (EQ)?
For most people EQ is more important than one’s intelligence (IQ) in attain success in their lives and careers.