According to the American Academy of Dermatology, 50 million men are affected by hereditary hair loss. Thinning hair and receding hairlines can be improved with topical treatments and hair transplants. Or, it can be improved with a newly-approved device called iGrow.
The iGrow Hair Growth System, priced at $695, is a machine that uses low-level light therapy (looks like a red light) to stimulate hair growth in men — and the Food and Drug administration has officially given it the green light. “iGrow’s proprietary Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) technology utilizes a highly effective combination of red laser and LED light diodes to effectively stimulate and energize cellular activity causing an uptake in the natural function of the hair follicle,” their website reported. “This proven four to six month process reverses hair thinning and loss, and effectively grows new healthy hair that is thicker, fuller, and more vibrant.
I – Word Understanding
receding – growing less
hair follicle – a sac from which hair grows
II – Have Your Say
1. Male pattern baldness is a condition that affects 2 out of 3 men.
Myth or Fact?
* it is inherited
* wearing a hat or using a blow-dryer can cause hair loss
* both men and women suffer from hair loss
2. How do you keep you hair healthy?
* healthy scalp means healthy hair
* protect hair from heated styling tools
* shield your hair from the sun
3. What your hair color may say about you and your health:
* brunette – higher risk of hair loss and nicotine addiction
men are more likely to marry a brunette
* blonde – men are more likely to help a blonde
prone to skin and eye problem due to lack of melanin
* redhead – are fiery and passionate
they have higher risk to develop Parkinson’s disease