We read a lot about this or that morning ritual that will make you productive. But what about one that makes you happy?
Research shows that being happy actually makes you more productive. So let’s kill two birds with one stone and focus on smiles.
What’s the first step? Here’s a little secret: happy mornings don’t start in the morning…
I – Word Understanding
kill two birds with one stone – to use one action to complete two tasks
II – Have Your Say
Here’s the morning ritual that will make you happy all day:
* Have something to look forward to: Plans with a friend are always good.
* Manage your mood: Don’t check email. Do what gives you a feeling of control.
* Eat breakfast: If you eat nothing and end up killing someone, well… I hope it’s not me.
* Do something you dread: You’ve got the willpower. And you’ll feel so much better afterwards.
* Send a “thank you” email: Yes, it’s that simple. Really.
* Plan how you’ll deal with challenges: Think about the worst that could happen and it probably won’t.
* Kiss somebody you love: If this makes you late for work, feel free to blame me.