While some coworkers may have no qualms about letting you know they despise you, others will try to remain diplomatic and professional but hide those hard feelings.
“Most coworkers won’t overtly show their disdain for you so as not to cause trouble or jeopardize their own careers,” says Lynn Taylor, a national workplace expert and the author of “Tame Your Terrible Office Tyrant: How to Manage Childish Boss Behavior and Thrive in Your Job.” “They may make life difficult for you, but they’ll probably try to stay under the radar. Still, there are subtle red flags that they’re not out for your best interests.”
I Word Understanding
Qualms – uneasy feeling of doubt
Despise – to feel a strong dislike for someone
Diplomatic – having or showing an ability to deal with people politely.
Overtly – is something that is out in the open and observable
Jeopardize – put (someone or something) into a situation in which there is a danger of loss, harm, or failure.
Subtle – difficult to understand or perceive
II Have your say
1. How to be like by colleagues?
2. How to deal with backstabbing Coworkers?
3. Here are 10 subtle signs your coworkers secretly hate you
• Your gut tells you they don’t like you
• They don’t smile when you’re around
• They can’t maintain eye contact with you
• They avoid you
• They feed the rumor mill
• They don’t acknowledge your presence
• They’re short with you.
• They give off negative body language
• They never invite you to social events