It’s all too tempting to assign your over-performing employees the most important tasks; you trust their work will be of the utmost quality, and they can clearly do their job very well. Yet, where do you draw the line? The more duties you allocate to a select few workers could have harmful effects on them, the team or even the company’s performance.
I Word Understanding
Tempting– attracting someone
Over-performing– to carry into effect
Draw– to bring
II Have your say
1. People don’t leave jobs; they leave managers. How do you think?
2. Few things that managers do that send good people packing.
• They don’t recognize contributions and reward good work.
• They don’t honor their commitments.
• They don’t care about their employees.
3.5 reasons to stop giving your best employees more work.
• Their work will probably
• They could be left feeling overwhelmed
• Your relationship could suffer
• There is less motivation for them to complete a project/do well
• They might feel unfairly disappointed in themselves