Do you know what rights you have at work?
You might assume that your employer understands labor law and always follows it, but in reality many employers regularly violate employment law, either knowingly or unknowingly.
Here are five of the most common ways that employers break labor laws — with some of them being so common that most employees don’t even realize their rights are being violated.
I Word Understanding
Assume – suppose
Violate – disobey
II Have your say
1.Take a look and see if you spot anything here that your own employer should be doing differently.
• Telling you that you can’t discuss your salary with your coworkers.
• Treating you as exempt from overtime pay.
• Asking or allowing you to work off the clock.
• Hiring independent contractors but treating them like employees.
• Disciplining you for complaining about work on social media.
2. What to do if your employer is violating the law?
3. What to do if your employer is violating?