Within seconds of meeting you, people decide whether you’re smart, trustworthy, and successful.
So if you’re heading into a job interview or a first date, you’d better hope you don’t have snot in your nose or a pizza stain on your shirt.
Let’s face it though: Snot and pizza are facts of life, and bad first impressions are bound to be made.
Fortunately, using a little bit of psychological savvy, it’s often possible to reverse those impressions.
I – Word Understanding
First impressions – is the event when one person first encounters
II – Have Your Say
A. Here are the psychological strategies to reverse a bad first impression
1. Allow them to reinterpret your behavior more positively
2. Remind them of the importance of fairness
3. Make yourself indispensable
4. Get to know them better
5. Have a trusted source present positive information about you
1. Have you ever had a bad impression to someone that is reverse on reality?
2. Do you believe that “First impression last”?