Good parents want their kids to stay out of trouble, do well in school and go on to do awesome things as adults.
And while there isn’t a set recipe for raising successful children, psychology research has pointed to a handful of factors that predict success.
Unsurprisingly, much of it comes down to the parents.
I – Word Understanding
Recipe – a formula or procedure for attaining something
Handful – a small number
II – Have Your Say
Agree or disagree? Please state your opinion.
Here’s what parents of successful kids have in common:
1. They make their kids do chores.
2. They teach their kids social skills.
3. They have high expectations.
4. They have healthy relationships with each other.
5. They’ve attained higher educational levels.
6. They teach their kids math early on.
7. They develop a relationship with their kids.
8. They’re less stressed.
9. They value effort over avoiding failure.
10.The moms work.
11.They have a higher socioeconomic status.