This question originally appeared on Quora. Answer by David Agus, M.D., USC Professor of Medicine and Engineering.
Here are 8 simple ways to help your body prevent the ravages of cancer:
1. Get an annual flu shot.
2. Ditch the vitamins and supplements.
3. Keep a predictable schedule.
4. Move frequently and avoid prolonged sitting.
5. Consider help blocking inflammation.
6. Wear comfortable shoes.
7. Take inventory of your medicine cabinet once a year.
8. Know yourself by collecting data and keeping records of all your medical data.
I – Word Understanding
Quora – a question-and-answer site where questions are asked, answered, edited and organized by its community of users
Ravages – severely damaging and destructive effects
II – Have Your Say
1. Why is cancer so common these days?
2. What do you do to stay away from cancer and other health problems?
3. Let’s discuss the ways suggested above. Why do you think those ways are good for preventing cancer? Which ones have you been doing and not done yet?