You can do a lot of things on an empty stomach. Sleep, for example, is best experienced on an empty stomach. Going to bed on a full stomach can prompt the body to store those extra calories as fat since sleeping requires little energy. But, there are certain things that you should avoid on an empty stomach. Here are some of them.
1. Drinking tea or coffee.
2. Taking Medicine
4. Consuming alcohol
I – Word Understanding
Prompt – to cause
Consume – uses of “consume”
1. To eat or drink (He consumed a lot of beer and got drunk.)
2. To use up (This project consumed a lot of time.)
3. To completely destroy (The fire consumed the house.)
4. (Feeling) to absorb all attention/energy (She was absorbed with guilt.)
II – Have Your Say
1. Drinking coffee on an empty stomach increases acidity, . Drinking tea on an empty stomach can suppress the secretion of gastric juices and reduces bile and acid in the stomach. It can also reduce your appetite. HOw and when do you drink your coffee or tea?
2. Most medicines should be taken either with or after food. Have you had any experience or knowledge of some side effects from taking pills?
3. Exercising on an empty stomach may not help you slim down like you think. Your body can handle light exercise on an empty stomach but not the heavy stuff. What is your usual routine when exercising? What are the foods you eat before and/or after exercising?
4. Drinking alcohol on an empty stomach causes the alcohol to directly hit the bloodstream. What do you usually do to avoid getting drunk soon?
5. Traveling on an empty stomach can invite motion sickness. However, you should avoid food that is likely to produce gas. Eating light is best suited for travel. What troubles have you encountered while travelling?