Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk is launching a new company called Neuralink with the intention of connecting computers directly to human brains, according to a report.
The Wall Street Journal reported that the billionaire entrepreneur, whose other interests include sending humans to Mars, is exploring “neural lace” technology – the implanting of tiny electrodes into the brain that could be used to give direct computing capabilities.
Last month, at the World Government Summit in Dubai, Musk said people would need to become cyborgs to be relevant in a future dominated by AI. He said a “merger of biological intelligence and machine intelligence” would be necessary for humans to stay economically valuable.
I -Word Understanding
Electrode – a conductor thru which electricity enters or leaves
Biological intelligence – human intelligence
II – Word Understanding
1. For what reason would you be willing to become a cyborg?
2. If humans become cyborgs, how might it affect the society?
– Students: Do they still need to read, listen and interpret lessons?
– Employment: Do workers still need trainings? Can everyone work remotely?
– Mind-communication: What is its effect on relationships?
– Productivity and labor: Can this be the end of inequality?