Researchers have found that people who read regularly are better off.
Books are good for people on so many levels. They can help you fall asleep, lower your stress through laughter or tears, provide an escape from reality, and offer exposure to perspectives different from your own.
Here are three other ways the practice of reading can make you a better person, according to science.
1. Reading raises your intelligence.
2. Reading makes you feel happier with yourself and your life.
3. Reading protects your memory.
I – Word Understanding
Better off – be in a better position (financial / otherwise)
Perspectives – views
II – Have Your Say
1. What reading materials do you prefer? When do you usually do your readings?
2. In what way does reading make you happy? If not, what makes you happy then?
3. Reading is considered one of the mentally stimulating activities. What other activities do you do for mental stimulation?